The puzzles were tricky, but my pro gamer brain solved them eventually. 10/10, would jump again.
Transilio - A Deceptively Simple Puzzle Platformer
Update 1/2/2020: Pushing a new build that fixes some bugs and adds a couple quality of life improvements now that the game jam is over. See my blog post for more details. Thank you to everyone who voted / left feedback!
Welcome to Transilio! Thank you for taking the time to check out our game, we really appreciate it!
You play as a little blob who desperately wants to escape the strange dungeon it has found itself in! Fall to build up energy and release it by leaping.
There will be tricks. There will be traps. There will be fun with a money back guarantee (seriously though, we would love to hear any feedback / if you have any level ideas of your own! Feel free to join our community discord and share your thoughts: https://discord.gg/4DHmjCk).
Navigate through fifteen unique levels. Play a bunch of times and try to beat my completion time (120 seconds)!
Submitting as a part of Game Off 2019. If the reception is good, we are considering building out into a bigger game so let us know!
Movement: A, D keys or Left and Right Arrow keys
Jump: W key, Up Arrow key, Space Bar, Jump
Quick Level Reset: Hold Backspace for 1 Second
Pause Menu: Escape key
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/DrakesGames
Band Camp Page featuring the SFX / Music: https://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com/album/go-transilio
Game Discord Server: https://discord.gg/4DHmjCk
Potential Future Features:
- More systems / mechanics, all interact with each other
- Bounce pads
- Leap energy consumables
- Proximity switches
- Conveyor belts
- etc... (we have a lot of ideas, some already implemented but didn't make it to the game jam build in time)
- World map
- Levels connected together according to a map
- Branching paths / multiple exits from levels
- Players bound not by a lack of abilities or upgrades, but by a lack of knowledge (puzzle-metroid-vania?)
- More levels (obviously)
- More complex combinations of existing mechanics
- Utilization of new mechanics
- Updated theme / art / animation
- And a potential story to go along with it
- Android / iOS support
- Feature Cleanup
- Bug fixes (player freezing when you mash a bunch of buttons at the same time)
- UX / UI ease of use (keyboard navigation etc...)
- Better teaching of the core jump mechanic (clear animations / explanations, etc...)
- More gradual difficulty curve / level design which focuses on teaching the mechanics more clearly
The WebGL version should just work in your browser. If not, see the below instructions!
For PC/Mac Standalone:
Download the zip file according to your platform (Windows or Mac). Unzip the file and double click on the application by the name of "Transilio".
Please reach out to the discord in the description if you have any trouble!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I enjoyed it.
Made it a ways further. Some good challenges in there. Gave up on the breast level.
First of all, thank you so much for playing and posting! Second, "breast level" made me laugh so hard
Finally figured out how to set jump height to make progress. Pretty tough. I got stuck on this level. No idea.
Got stuck as seen in the image on a level after button mashing asdw & asdf arrow keys together because I couldn't remember how to restart a level. Maybe keep those commands close by in game or in the comments below it. I also got stuck on the level because there is no way to jump up that I can see. I also don't understand the different tile types and why some you jump to, others you ignore and other you jump below. Very confusing. The jump/move mechanics were a bit of a turn off for me. As I got into more of the puzzles, I can see that it made sense but it still feels a bit low-class 2d to move in such a tiled fashion. I have no idea what all the gold blocks do and why there is is groups of them together.
i really like this puzzle platformer and would like to ask if you want get a bigger team to continue it?
Definitely something we are considering! We still have to take a step back based on the feedback we are getting and determine what kind of scope we want the game to be and what our options will be for development, which will inform a lot about the size of team we will need.
Game's a bit too smart for me but the physics and movement are awfully off-feeling for being based all around a physics concept. My failure at it does not make it any less smart a puzzler though
It was a very good puzzle. I had a hard time getting used to the rules.
Thanks a bunch for playing! Let me know if you have any feedback / thoughts in terms of what about the rules you struggled with and ways you think we could have made it more clear. Definitely would want to make improvements!
Also, good job! I'm pretty sure your video is a perfect run / very fast!
I remember playing this game a week back and testing it out. The retinal was a very great idea. Loved this games idea and also the challenge was very fun too. Got a little stuck here and there but luckily with a hint or two was able to make it all the way though the game! Well done :) Here is my video of your game!
I played this on stream a few days ago, and honestly, it was really challenging! the game was really polished, and i was excited to hear the developers wanted to build out on it further! Awesome job to the team, for making transilio!
My one critique is that I wish I knew what level I was on while I was playing it, Lol.
Thank you for playing! Also, thanks for the critique, for sure will add that feature in a later build / improve the level selection process!
This is pretty good, wish I had the creativity to come up with something like this. Two little things:
- I'd like to see the level somewhere I am at (I was playing from the browser)
- I stuck at the level starting at the bottom and needed to jump 10 step high, but cannot because the mark is only 2 steps above. Maybe there is a trick but it doesn't seem connected to the physics learned from the previous levels. Maybe I am just not clever enough, but I think people give up a game something like this within 60 seconds if they cannot progress or don't see more options to trying with (at least I do), so maybe a hint or more granularity would help there. (that is the level:
Thanks for playing! I'll give you a hint: The ramp is important!